Current information on the coronavirus
Changes due to the 15th Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance (BayIfSMV)
In accordance with the 15th BayIfSMV (only available in German) the following rules apply when entering universities (and libraries) from now on
- 2G for students and staff/sessional lecturers
- 3g+ for students in exams
For more information see
- the info letter from FHWS Board of Management of 24 November 2021
- as well as the follow-up letter with details to specific issues of 2 December 2021
- and the information on the exam period in their letter of 13 December 2021
Switch-over to online teaching
The FHWS Board of Management has decided to switch over to online teaching, initially for the period until Christmas. See the latest Corona info letter for more information.
FHWS Infection Protection Policy
On 9 October 2020, FHWS adopted a comprehensive SARS-CoV-2 Infection Protection Policy, which is regularly updated since. The currently valid version is published here and available for download:
- FHWS Infection Protection Policy (English) (revised 12 Jan 2022)
- FHWS Infektionsschutzkonzept (Deutsch) (revised 12 Jan 2022)
FAQ and information for students
Please follow the link to find anwers to frequently asked questions by students.
Information on how the semester will start in your degree programme are available from the info page for new students.
Independent from the COVID-19 situation, our 1st semester students can find introductory information and tips on getting started at FHWS in the FHWS Intranet.
Management at FHWS
For FHWS members, more information as well as all circular letters are available on Corona news page in the FHWS Intranet. In addition, there is a collection of frequently asked questions: FAQ for staff (in German only).
Access to FHWS buildings
All FHWS buildings will be open for in-person events and classes. The regulation from the 15th BayIfSMV requires compliance with the 2G-rule (vaccinated or recovered) of staff and students upon entry of FHWS. Due to the FHWS Hygiene Policy, the safety distance of 1.5m must be maintained whenever possible, regular washing of hands and wearing of FFP2 masks is mandatory.
People are prohibited from entering FHWS buildings if they
- show any of the typical symptoms of COVID-19 (such as trouble breathing, coughing, fever, loss of sense of smell or taste),
- are required to quarantine or
- have recently been tested positive for or diagnosed with COVID-19
Information by the Studentenwerk
For current information about counselling services, BAföG, Canteens and other pandemic related information, please refer to the Corona news page of the Studentenwerk.
FAQ of the Bavarian State Ministry of Science and the Arts
The Bavarian State Ministry of Science and the Arts offers further information on the coronavirus in relation to higher education, research and cultural life: FAQ - Grundlegendes zum Hochschulbetrieb, zur Forschung und zum kulturellen Leben [in German]