Predecessors of the University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt, whose history dates back to the year 1807, were:
- the Balthasar-Neumann-Polytechnikum of the District of Unterfranken
- the Higher School of Economics of the City of Würzburg
- the Werkkunstschule of the city of Würzburg.
1 August 1971
Due to the Bavarian Fachhochschule Act the Fachhochschule Würzburg-Schweinfurt was established.
1 October 1971
Commencement with 1,566 students in seven courses. These were Architecture, Civil Engineering, Business Administration and Communication Design at the university in Würzburg, and Electrical, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at the university in Schweinfurt.
1 October 2015
- 9,305 students
- 20 bachelor's degree programmes
- three international bachelor's degree programmes
- 15 master's degree programmes
- three international master's degree programmes