Campus for Professional Development
From a single talk to a complete master’s programme, the Campus for Professional Development at the University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt offers numerous types of continuing education in several disciplines.
Every offer serves to broaden, deepen or specialise previously acquired skills and knowledge. Offers focus closely on the target group and their contents as well as didactics are prepared to meet the requirements of higher education; additionally, all programmes take into account the limited time budget of professionals.
Do you have any questions about our programmes?
Would you like to get informational material?
You are looking for a partner for the development of your staff?
You are working at FHWS and want to offer a programme for advanced training?
We are an ideal partner for your tailor-made in-house training.
Continuing education grant (Bildungsprämie)
Since 2008, the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) financially supports continuing education. You can receive a so called continuing education subsidy voucher (<i>Prämiengutschein</i>) by which training costs can be reduced by 50 % (up to a maximum of € 500).
The continuing education grant is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research and the European Social Fund of the European Union.
For more information, please visit the website of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (in German only): www.bildungspraemie.info
KfW student loan (KfW-Studienkredit)
The KfW student loan, can be taken out for the following types of studies:
- Students in their first undergraduate programme
- Students in their second undergraduate programme
- Students in post-gradual programmes (Master, doctoral studies)
- Master (post-graduate programme)
The KfW student loan can be combined with BAföG (grant according to the Federal Training and Assistance Act) and the education loan (KfW-Bildungskredit).
Age limit: 18 to 44 years
Income threshold: none
Amount: up to € 650
For more information, please visit the website of KfW group. www.kfw.de
Upgrading Scholarship (Aufstiegsstipendium)
The Upgrading Scholarship programme supports professionals with a completed vocational training and already existing professional experience so that they can commence first-time academic studies at a higher education institution.
Professionals can apply for an Upgrading Scholarship when planning to study one of the following types of studies:
- Full-time studies
- Part-time studies while working
Application requirements for an Upgrading Scholarship:
- Successfully completed vocational training
- At least two years of professional experience
- No higher education degree
- Proof of exceptional performance during the vocational training or while on the job
- Your nationality must be as stated in § 8 (1) and (2) of the Federal Training Assistance Act (BAföG)
Age limit: none
Income threshold: none
Amount: 735 Euro per month (full-time studies), 2,400 Euro per year (part-time studies while working)
For further information, please visit the website of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (in German only). www.bmbf.de
Funding database (Förderdatenbank)
The funding database on the website of the Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) provides complete and up-to-date information on the funding programmes at federal, Länder, and EU level. Please note that the database is only available in German. www.foerderdatenbank.de
If your paying taxes in Germany, costs accumulated in connection to continuing education might reduce your tax load. For any binding information, please contact your respective tax office.
Version from: 09.07.2020
- Please send your registration by post or e-mail to the address given below or use the online registration form available on the website given below. Registration is binding as soon as you have got a confirmation of your registration.
- If not stated otherwise, registration is possible until three weeks before the training/course will begin.
- If the number of received registrations is higher than the number of available places, the chronological order in which they were received will decide over participation. Therefore, we kindly ask you to register as early as possible.
- A few days before the first session, you will receive further information regarding the location and programme as well as preparation material, if necessary.
Revocation/Cancellation by the participant
- Registration for a training/course may be revoked within 14 days after registration without giving any reasons. Revocation must be made in writing to the Campus for Professional Development and Language Proficiency.
- Cancellation is free of charge if it is made until three weeks before the first session. After this, or in case of non-attendance, the full fee will be due. The date the cancellation is received is decisive. After previous agreement with us, you can of course name a replacement candidate.
Cancellation/ Changes to the programme by the "Campus for Professional Development and Language Proficiency"
- In the case of an insufficient number of participants, short-term unavailability of a lecturer, or if it becomes impossible to carry out the training/course for any other reason, the Campus for Professional Development and Language Proficiency may cancel the training/course. You will be notified immediately.
- Paid fees will be refunded. Further claims shall be excluded.
- We reserve the right to change the seminar programme.
Training/ Course Fees
- The fees for the individual trainings/courses are specified. Upon consultation, payment by instalments is possible.
- Fees do not include VAT. Payment must be made without deduction.
- Please indicate the training’s/course’s number and your full name (first name and surname); transfer must be made until three weeks before the first session to the following bank account:
Account name: Staatsoberkasse Bayern in Landshut
Bank name: Bayerische Landesbank München
IBAN: DE75 7005 0000 0001 1903 15
Reference: Kap. 1544 [course number] [participant’s enrolment no. or full name]
Continuing education grant
- Generally, the Campus for Professional Development and Language Proficiency accepts continuing education subsidy vouchers (“Bildungsprämiengutschein”); however, it reserves the right, on a case-to-case basis, to reject the voucher after legal review. A continuing education subsidy voucher must be submitted as original and fully completed before a registration is made. If a voucher is submitted later, it cannot be accepted anymore.
- If your voucher is accepted, you may deduct the amount of the voucher from the total fee to be paid.
- For more information on the continuing education grant, please refer to www.bildungspraemie.info (only available in German) or call the free telephone information service on 0800 2623000.
Content responsibility and evaluation
- Responsibility for the contents is with the course management or, in the case of language courses, with the language coordinator.
- The Campus for Professional Development and Language Proficiency seeks qualification of its offer in terms of content and didactics; therefore, it generally evaluates all trainings/courses.
Limitation of Liability
- Claims for damages against the University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt, members or agents of the Campus for Professional Development and Language Proficiency as well as against the Free State of Bavaria only come into consideration in cases of intent and gross negligence and only up to the amount of the training/course fee.
- For personal injuries, the legal regulations apply.
- Processing of orders is done electronically.
- When placing the order you declare your consent to the collection, processing, and use of your data by the Campus for Professional Development and Language Proficiency at the University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt. We will treat collected data and saved information strictly confidential.
- In terms of personal data the regulations of the Bavarian Data Protection Law (BayDSG) apply.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is declared unenforceable or becomes invalid or if there is a regulatory gap, the remainder will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- Ineffective, unenforceable or missing provisions are replaced with effective, enforceable or additional provisions that most closely reflect the original intent of the parties involved or what they would have intended based on the meaning and purpose of the terms and conditions.
University of Applied Sciences
CAMPUS FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Randersackerer Str. 15 Ignaz-Schön-Str. 11
97072 Würzburg 97421 Schweinfurt
Phone 0931 3511-6300 Phone 09721 940-6310
In Würzburg, seminar rooms are in a historic building in Randersackerer Straße.
Away from all other FHWS facilities, the building offers several rooms for groups from 15 to 50, full media equipment, a cafeteria and an administrative office.
Würzburg is just a 60 minutes’ drive away from Germany’s biggest airport in Frankfurt/Main and is located at the intersection of important intercity express routes and autobahn connections.
The city of Würzburg with its 133,000 inhabitants, of which 30,000 are students, offers a wide variety of cultural events and is at the same time conveniently manageable.
From Würzburg Main Station you can easily get to the Campus for Professional Development by public transport:
- Tram line 1 “Königsberger Straße” and get off at stop “Arndtstraße”
- Bus 8066 “Frickenhausen” and get off at stop “Ehehaltenhaus”
There is parking space available on campus.
Campus for Professional Development in Würzburg
Münzstraße 12, 97070 Würzburg
From Würzburg main station, please take tram line 1 or tram line 4 “Sanderau”, tram line 3 “Heidingsfeld” or tram line 5 “Rottenbauer” and get off at stop Sanderring. Cross the tram tracks and go left before turning right into Rotlöwengasse.
The building is then to your right after about 20 metres.
Visitor address in Würzburg
Randersackerer Straße 15, 97072 Würzburg
From Würzburg main station, please take tram lines 1 or 4 “Sanderau” and get of at stop Arndtstraße. Turn left into Arndtstraße and at the next crossing turn left again into Randersackerer Straße.
The building is then to your right.
Campus for Professional Development in Schweinfurt
Ignaz-Schön-Straße 11, 97421 Schweinfurt
Phone +49 931 3511-6300