Information for Pupils
Here, you will find offers prepared especially for pupils.
Early Study Programme - Secondary Pupils at the FHWS
PDF download: Important information on the early study programme
In accordance with Section 42, Paragraph 3 of the Bavarian Higher Education Act (BayHSchG), high-performing pupils are allowed to begin their studies before they have achieved their general higher education qualification (OR subject-specific higher education entrance qualification OR advanced technical college certificate).
Examination achievements during early studies can later be accredited to the respective degree programme. From a legal perspective, pupils will retain the status of studying at a secondary school (Gymnasium or Vocational College), and they are not officially enrolled at a higher education institution.
Early studies are currently available for the Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Mathematics, Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Mechatronics, and Plastics and Rubber Engineering degree programmes. Generally, the first semesters are especially suitable for early studies. In this way, motivated and talented pupils can be promoted according to their interests.
To take part in the early studies programme, please follow these instructions:
- Applicants should first write a cover letter with the desired degree programme to the corresponding Programme Advisor of the degree programmes Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Mathematics mentioned below.
- The next step is an orientation session with the Programme Advisor of the respective faculty. Here, the individual events the pupil can participate in are defined.
- Applicants must submit the “Application for Admission to Early Studies” to the Department of Student Affairs. The following signed declarations must be added to the application:
- A signed declaration that the applicant accepts the conditions of participation.
- An authorisation by the legal guardian (if the applicant is below the age of 18).
- A document by the school management
For information and questions on early studies, please contact the Academic Advisory Centre of FHWS and/or the corresponding Programme Advisors:
Academic Advisory Service
Phone +49 931 3511-8169 or -8168
Programme Advisor for Mechanical Engineering
Prof. Dr. Udo Müller
Phone +49 9721 940-906
Programme Advisor for Industrial Mathematics
Prof. Dr. Markus Bier
Phone +49 9721 940-8582
Programme Advisor for Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
Prof. Dr. Markus Mathes
Phone +49 9721 940-8513
Prof. Dr. Martin Spiertz
Phone +49 9721 940-8770
Programme Advisor for Mechatronics
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rainer Hirn
Phone +49 9721 940-8893
Programme Advisor for Plastics and Rubber Engineering
Phone +49 931 3511-8234
Offerings for female pupils
The All-female Researcher-Camp 2018 took place from 5th to 10th of August 2018 at ZF Friedrichshafen AG and at FHWS in Schweinfurt.
All female pupils from Bavarian secondary schools between the ages of 15 to 18 may apply. The one-week camp, including lodging and food, is free of charge. Only travel costs apply.
Please click on the following link for more information on the All-female Researcher-Camp (German):
Your contact for the All-female Researcher-Camp:
Department of Public Affairs and Communications
Phone +49 931 3511-8265