Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften Würzburg-Schweinfurt
The University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt (FHWS) aims to provide access to their website in accordance with Article 1 of the Bavarian ordinance on the Creation of Barrier-Free Information Technology (BayBITV).
This accessibility statement applies to the web presence of FHWS in the domain fhws.de as well as its sub-domains itsc.fhws.de, bibliothek.fhws.de, hmz.fhws.de, international.fhws.de and languagebase.fhws.de.
These websites partly comply with Article 1 BayBITV.
The non-compliant websites are listed below.
- Alternative and description texts as well as subtitles for videos, pictures and tables are not always available
- Contents and links may be in an incorrect format or incomprehensible
- The correct hierarchy of headings may not be followed on some pages
- Offered documents may not always be fully accessible
- Externally loaded contents and externally created documents may not be fully accessible
The listed contents are not accessible for the following reasons:
- FHWS’ extensive web presence has grown steadily over the years, as has the variety of media content and downloads offered through the site.
- Various contents such as file formates from office applications created before 23 September 2018 could not yet be converted. In some cases (in particular older versions of study and examination regulations or yearbooks) digitisation and subsequent conversion into an accessible format is currently not possible.
- At the moment, we are working on creating contents in plain language (German) which are then translated into (German) sign language.
- Accessibility cannot be guaranteed for external content that was not created by FHWS.
Creation of the accessibility statement
This statement was created on 12 March 2020.
It is based on a self-assessment of FHWS conducted on 28 February 2020.
This is repeated at regular intervals.
This statement was last revised on 23 September 2020.
Feedback and contact details
FHWS makes every effort to make its web presence accessible as soon as possible. If you face any problems in retrieving information or if you notice pages/sections that are not accessible, you are welcome to report this through the following contact form. Via this channel, you can also request accessible alternatives to non-accessible parts of the website:
Accessibility contact form
Digitale Barrierefreiheit | Digital Accessibility
Department of Public Affairs and Communications (HSK)
FHWS tries to answer your request as soon as possible. However, we ask for some patience because of the large number of contents to be revised.
If the request you made via the contact form is left unanswered as a whole or in parts over a period of six weeks, you can request the Bavarian agency for digitisation, high-speed internet and surveying (Bayerisches Landesamt für Digitalisierung, Breitband und Vermessung) to examine whether measures are necessary in the context of the monitoring of the obligated party.
In accordance with the implementing acts following Article 8 Section 2 Sentence 1 of the Directive (EU) 2016/2102, the agency for digitisation, high-speed internet and surveying monitors the compliance with the obligations.
Landesamt für Digitalisierung, Breitband und Vermessung
IT-Dienstleistungszentrum des Freistaats Bayern
Durchsetzungs- und Überwachungsstelle für barrierefreie Informationstechnik
Phone +49 89 2129-1111
Fax +49 89 2129-1113
https://www.ldbv.bayern.de/digitalisierung/bitv.html (target only available in German)
If FHWS students are dependent on content that they cannot perceive, they can always contact the FHWS officer for disabled or chronically ill students:
Vice President Prof. Dr. Achim Förster
Phone +49 931 3511-6096
Staff of FHWS can always contact the representative of severely disabled members of staff (inclusion officer):
Ms Doris Emmerling
Phone +49 931 3511-6137 or -8241