Accessibility at FHWS
- Site of the FHWS via Campus-Information-System
- University buildings in Würzburg and Schweinfurt
- Bavaria's travel planner
- Accessible Deutsche Bahn (Trains)
- Wheelchair-accessible parking spaces Würzburg*
- Public transport Würzburg*
- City map Würzburg
- Wheelchair-accessible parking spaces and barrier-free lavatories Schweinfurt*
- Public transport with disabilities Schweinfurt*
Accessibility and Description of University Buildings
This page and all sub-pages are currently being translated. For more information on accessibility of FHWS locations and sites, please contact
Assistant to the Officer for Disabled or Chronically Ill Students
Phone +49 931 3511-6096 or -6002
We apologize for any inconvenience.
- In the premises of the FHWS acoustic systems are provided for students with impaired hearing. Further information about equipment, usage and contacts is provided in the information brochure regarding the acoustic system for students with impaired hearing.
- Information of the Deutsches Studentenwerk regarding technical aids and assistants*
- Information about assistive technology, provided by Disabled World
- Most software in computers or mobiles provides ease of access. Using this, contents or information can be entered or issued in alternative form. Useful functions are: Narrator, voice control, high contrast mode, magnifier, on-screen keyboard, subtitles, flash signals and others. Detailed information can be accessed online on the web page of the concerned operation system.
- In addition to internal applications of the operation system, computer programmes and apps can be used to facilitate the usage. Computer programmes are often specialised on certain constraints: Screen reader for blind computer users, apps for narrator and communication with images, software for people with learning disabilities and others.
- Modifications for a computer or a mobile can facilitate the handling or communication in addition. Useful adaptions may be: Braille display (computer output device for blind people), eye-tracking control, keyboard or computer mouse adaptions and others.
Assistance for Lecturers and Employees of the FHWS on Implementation of Accessibility
- Checklist for Fully Accessible Courses
- Checklist for Planning Fully Accessible Events
- Planning external events and field trips
- E-Learning Course for Designing Accessible PDF files*
- Maintaining Web Contents Accessible - Accessible Informing and Communicating*
* The content of these web pages is available in German only. For further travelling instructions, please visit our web page Accessibility and Description of University Buildings and select the building you would like to access.