Resources and Links for Students with Disablilities or Chronic Illnesses
- Hardship petitions for admissions restricted degree programmes* are available on hochschulstart.de. Further information for foreign students with disabilities who are interested to study in Germany. So called ‘special case applications’ for degree programmes with open admissions are not possible. For more information on applications in general, please refer to the webpages on application of our International Office.
- Compensations for disadvantages want to offset health impairments and can be granted on application. Please refer to the brochure Information Regarding Compensation for Disadvantages at FHWS for more information. Please note the submission deadlines. Applications have to be submitted to the Department of Student Affairs (HSST) as early as possible.
- General forms, e.g. Application for the Extension of Deadlines, Application for Leave of Absence, Application for Grade Improvement, Application for the Reimbursement of Semester Fees, are available in German from the HSST Forms Centre*. For bilingual forms (German-English) please contact HSST by e-mail.
- Web page of the Studentenwerk Würzburg about studying with disability or health impairment
- 'Studying and living in Würzburg' publications of Studentenwerk Würzburg
- Discounts for people with disabilities in Würzburg*
General Information about Studies with Disabilities
- Information for international students with disabilities, povided by Deutsches Studentenwerk
- Web page of Deutsches Studentenwerk about studying with disabilities
- Handbook published by Deutsches Studentenwerk „Studieren mit Behinderung" (Studying with disabilities)*
- Overview about advisory services of Deutsches Studentenwerk*
- 21st social service of Deutsches Studentenwerk*
- Research and practice network "Inklusion an Hochschulen und barrierefeies Bayern" (Inclusion at Higher Education Institutions and Accessible Bavaria)*
- Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs about studies with disabilities and chronic illnesses*
- Web page of MyHandicap about studying with disabilities*
- Web page of Studis-Online about studying with disabilities*
- Information provided by Fernstudieren.de about studying with disabilities*
General Information for People with Disability or Chronic Illness
- Web page of the Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs for people with disabilities
- Guidebook of the Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs for people with disabilities*
- Universitätsklinikum Würzburg
- Web page of Rehadat about occupational participation of people with disabilities*
Healthcare and Care Facilities
Information material and online resources mentioned above provide a basis for eased access to information for prospective students and students. Claims for completeness or currentness of data cannot be demanded. All forms provided by FHWS need to be in German due to legal requirements. For further advice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The content of these web pages is available in German only.