Starting in the winter semester 2019/20, your registration for an exam is binding in accordance with §32 of the General Examination Regulation (Allgemeine Prüfungsordnung, APO).
This means that, due to the binding nature of your registration, each examination for which you registered via the FHWS CampusPortal, but fail to take part will be awarded the grade "non-sufficient" (=grade 5 or "failed"), unless
- you cancel the exam via the FHWS CampusPortal no later than two weeks before the start of the examination period which is determined by the examination board and communicated through the academic calendar or
- you apply for cancellation of the exam registration and provide one of the following documents:
- Specification of the relevant examination day to prove that your cancellation is within the stipulated 2-weeks period before the relevant examination day (for this, the day of receipt of the application by HSST ist decisive!) or
- A medical certificate or other documents to prove that you are not responsible for the reasons that prevented meeting the 2-weeks period.
The application for cancellation of exam registrations must be submitted to the Department of Student Affairs (HSST) immediately. Cancellations submitted later than the 2-weeks period must be approved by the examination committee.
For the summer semester 2022 the exam registration in all bachelor’s and master’s programmes takes place online from 07 November 2022 through 18 November 2022.
In accordance with the FHWS Examination Board’s decision, applications for the compensation for disadvantages as well as applications for grade improvement (only for bachelor’s programmes) are accepted by HSST no later than 18 November 2022.
For general electives (AWPM), there is no registration necessary, if the elective was assigned.
In cases of disagreement (e.g. missing examination id or with master’s students who have to take exams from the corresponding bachelor’s programme) please contact HSST immediately (contact persons).
Important information regarding exam registration
When taking exams, please note the standard dates and deadlines according your programme’s study and examination regulations.
Take into account that you have to fulfil all particular admission requirements (besondere Zulassungsvoraussetzungen, bZv) until the examination date. Particular admission requirements must be fulfilled within the periods determined by the lecturers.
For exams graded with “non-sufficient”, the following periods for re-sitting exams apply:
- First re-sit: within one semester
- Second re-sit: within one year
If you cannot register for exams within these periods, you have to apply for the extension of deadlines at the examination committee via HSST. If you apply for the extension of deadlines due to health issues or withdraw from exams, please take care of the information about necessary information in a medical certificate given on the application form.
Even if the cancellation of your exam registration was approved by the examination committee, you still have to comply to the standard deadlines stipulated in the study and examination regulations of your degree programme. If you are not able to meet these deadlines, you still have to apply for the extension of deadlines at the examination committee via HSST.